Lightweight Social Icons bug?

Home Forums Support Lightweight Social Icons bug?

Home Forums Support Lightweight Social Icons bug?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Antwan

Hi Tom,

Don’t know if this is the right place to put this, but I’ve discovered a possible bug in your plugin Lightweight Social Icons when using it in Generatepress.

Today I played around with https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-sidebars/, but I couldn’t change any settings which loaded in overlays. The support thread of Custom Sidebars pointed towards a conflict with a certain Twitter feeds plugin. Which I didn’t install. (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-define-sidebar-location)

Firebug console gave the following error:

TypeError: settings.data.search is not a function
    	if(settings.data.search('action=save-widget') != -1 ) {

This was linked with scripts.js in the ‘js’ folder of your plugin. When I disable Lightweight Social Icons, everything works fine. I would really like to use both plugins, maybe there’s some sort of possible fix?

Thanks in advance!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

When did you get that error? I just played around by placing the Lightweight Social Icons widget into a custom sidebar and didn’t see anything pop up in my console.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Antwan

Placing widgets works just fine. The problem occurs when you try to edit the settings (name, description) of a custom sidebar or the slidebar location of any sidebar. If you click on these buttons at the bottom of the sidebar-box, a lightbox appears with an endless spinning wheel. This is also the trigger for the described console-error.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Will look into this and get back to you.

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I believe I have this fixed.

I can send you the patch so you can confirm if you email me at support@generatepress.com.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.