[Resolved] Gutenberg columns

Home Forums Support Gutenberg columns

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Krystian

Hello,
    I’m having difficulties with columns in general. I’ve tried gutenberg ones, but they break on medium screens in odd way leaving blank space IMAGE. And when resizing screen to smaller resolutions the 3 columns transform into 2 (and from 2 to 1) too late for my taste

So I’ve installed Lightweight Grid Columns. Everything is fine, they break nicely and when I like.

Is there a way to set gutenberg columns to break sooner and not have this blank space – just like these from shortcodes? I doubt there are gutenberg columns on GP website, but features listed on home page under “Performance Focused” behave in a way I would like to imitate.

If that’s ought to be done by CSS and/or is problematic could you give me some keywords what so I can research it on my own?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The standard Gutenberg columns are frustrating for sure. To take control, you would have to give your column containers a custom class. Then with that class, you can write your own media queries targeting those columns/adjusting their widths.

We’re in the process of releasing our own block plugin, which has an advanced grid system. You’ll definitely want to check it out once it’s released.

Let me know if you need help with the media queries! 🙂

Krystian

Thanks 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Mark

I’ve been having the same problem, looking forward to your block plugin 🙂 No need to reply to this I am sure you are busy 🙂

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

We are all most there 😉

Thanks for your patience!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.