[Resolved] Lightbox doesn’t work

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Lightbox doesn’t work

Home Forums Support Lightbox doesn’t work

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Juergen B.

Hi Tom,

first of all, I’am quite happy with your Generatepress theme. But I’m confused about a bug I can’t repair. I have installed WP Slimbox 2 to animate a flickr gallerie. But on click on a picture it just shows the picture in a window but no lightbox effect. It works fine in other installations i have tested, but not in this:
    http://www.wirsindhaan.de/ausstellungsfotos-fotogruppe-2/
    Do you have an idea how to manage that?
    Thx a lot!
    j.ben

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s weird, it starts to work, and then decides against it.

Is the plugin recent updated/maintained?

Juergen B.

Yes, really weird. All themes and plugins are in newest condition.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Have you tried switching to one of the Twenty-x themes to see if it’s a GeneratePress issue? That will tell us whether we should look at the plugin or the theme.

Let me know if that’s possible or not 🙂

Juergen B.

Your’e aksing the right questions 🙂
    I had installed a dummy page for tests (quite similar to the other one). With a little plugin testing I found out, that the slickrflickr plugin obviusly has a „communication problem“ with wp-slimbox 2 plug in, which I both used. (gmblfrx’*?=/%&!!!) 😉
    Slickrflickr seems to work with responsive lightbox plugin quite well.

Sometimes I don’t see „the wood for the trees“, so to say.
    THX for helping!

Adrian Cojocariu

From what I can see you have an a href=”link image on flickr”

It just acts like a link towards the picture 😕

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It’s like the developer didn’t include return false; in the javascript or something.

Have you tried using this plugin?: https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-fancybox/

Adrian Cojocariu

He did mention it working fine on other installs … Maybe just code conflict who knows…

Most plugins suck really… after installing and uninstalling a series of plugins on my test site … the user interface has been affected, some tables don’t show as they should, most database things doesn’t get cleared…

There is a plugin that clears the database … I don’t really know which one is good…

CAUTION : This thing plays with your DBs, it could screw things up, you need backups. At least for Databases.

Juergen B.

THX a lot for all the help – I had to do other things in between. Now I gonna try again and consider all the good advice. Up to now I suspect that either slickrflickr or responive slider isn’t quite the tool of choice. I’ll keep you up to date.

Juergen B.

Okay folks, first results:
    On http://test.wirsindhaan.de you’ll see 4 pages with galleries:
    1 WP Galeria: 4 pictures just posted from the media box, then 4 pictures posted as wp media gallery; in wp editor

2 WP Galeria & PageBuilder: like nr 1, but page layout with pagebuilder plugin.

3 Flickr Galeria: shortcode for flickr gallery insert with slickrflickr plugin, to show a flickr gallery without uploading the whole bunch of pictures.

4 Flickr Galeria & PageBuilder: same as nr 3, but page layout with pagebuilder plugin.

The flickr pages are just working fine. Galleries no 1 and 2 don’t.

Adrian Cojocariu

Without actually testing what’s going on inside the interface I can’t really pronounce myself man 🙁 sorry …

But the WP Galeria looks like working fine to me.

The only one with problems is 2 WP Galeria & PageBuilder

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Are all of those plugins activated at the same time? What if you only have one active at a time?

Juergen B.

O.K.
    To make a long, confusing story short – the bug was: I had functions.php in my child theme „defunctionalized“ (like _functions.php)
    So when I reactivated it – whooops! everythings fine.
    Typical incidence of PEBCAK*)

THX to all of you for support and good vibrations!

@ Tom: I don’t really know the differenc between both files; if your interested in I can post them here… but its a lot of code, n’est-ce pas?

*) PEBCAK = Problem Existing Between Chair And Keyboard

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it sorted! I like that – PEBCAK haha

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.