Celebrating 7 Years! Get up to $30 off GeneratePress Premium!

[Support request] Lightbox and product text gone missing

Home Forums Support [Support request] Lightbox and product text gone missing

Home Forums Support Lightbox and product text gone missing

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Annalena

Hi!

I can’t see my images when clicking on them, I remember installing a lightbox (as a code to paste in simple css if remember it correctly) from GP sometime ago but that doesn’t work now and I don’t know what have happened?
    The text from my products backstage in WP is also gone, so I can’t edit. One can see the text when clicking at my sites products, but they are not there backstage.

What can be wrong?

I followed your link to check the versions I’m using, but I couldn’t find it anyway. I think I’m using the latest?

Thank you!

GeneratePress 2.1.1
    GP Premium 1.6.2
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you try #1 here to eliminate plugin conflicts first?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

To check your version number, go to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes and click on GeneratePress to check the theme version, then go to Dashboard > Plugins and check the plugin version number.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Annalena

Hi!

I have the latest versions. I have deactivated all plugins and checked each of the once I so far have activated again and I found that Jetpack causes problems, all my images disappeared. I guess I haven’t got the settings right. But can that be an answer to why the images won’t show in the lightbox. Is there an enable lightbox in Jetpack or Woocommerce that you know of? My site is so messed up, and I don’t have the knowledge of how to get it good again ๐Ÿ™

Thanks Leo!

Annalena

Hello again Leo!

I found this code in code snippet. Has that got to do with the lightbox? Is it a code created by Tom? I know I got a code from Tom to create a good looking light box. My site is ok now except from the light box issue. Here’s the code:

add_action( ‘after_setup_theme’,’tu_woocommerce_gallery’ );
    function tu_woocommerce_gallery() {
    // Add support for WC features
    add_theme_support( ‘wc-product-gallery-zoom’ );
    add_theme_support( ‘wc-product-gallery-lightbox’ );
    add_theme_support( ‘wc-product-gallery-slider’ );
    }

Thanks again!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That code shouldn’t be needed anymore in the latest version of GPP.

You should be able to remove without losing any functions.

Annalena

I’m almost afraid to write to you again, but I have to. All of a sudden the light box work again, but the images are huge, and in my shop there are two products in a row even though I’ve set it to four, why is that?

I’m so sorry to bother you so much, but you are my only hope.

Regards

Annalena

Ok, sorry again! Everything has gone totally bananas. Now the light box doesn’t work again, I don’t know why. Woocommerce was deactivated in GP hooks, and when I activated it the layout totally changed. It feels as if I have to start from the beginning again. I have restored from backup, but something with the cache plugin messed everything up, and I’m not able to get it right after that.

What can be done? Do I have to start all over?

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Looks like you are using a caching plugin?

I would try disabling that first.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.