[Resolved] Licencing question

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Licencing question

Home Forums Support Licencing question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lyle

Hi Tom,

Sorry to keep bugging you, but I have another question, this time about licencing with the GP Premium Add-ons.

I bought the 39.95 version and am wondering about the “unlimited sites” part. I am planning on selling complete WordPress sites that will include the GeneratePress theme as well as a number of plugins. I would like to include the GP Premium as well and needed to ask if this would be allowable under the licence. It’s similar to if I was doing so for a client but with this method, they get a ZIP which includes the complete site, DB and all and they install it themselves on their own hosting.

I know they are separate products, but I thought I would save a post and ask the same thing about the WP Show Posts Pro which I have also purchased. Now with that one, I was planning on adding a note that they (the purchaser of the site) would be responsible for obtaining their own licence once mine expires.

Cheers!
    Lyle

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Lyle,

It’s kind of a grey area, as it could be seen as re-selling GP Premium to your clients with no kick back to me.

However, it’s 100% GPL, so you’re free to do whatever you like.

In cases like this, it’s really appreciated if a license is purchased for each individual client, as they will have GP Premium and updates for life.

Also, if they have their own license, they can request that an account be created so they can take advantage of my help in the forums here.

WP Show Posts is a little different as you would have to renew your developer license each year, so I still get a little kick back.

Hope this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Lyle

Thanks Tom,

That’s sort of what I thought so I will leave them both out of the builds. But I had better sign up for your affiliate programs because I will definitely be promoting all your wonderful products!

Cheers!
    Lyle

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks, Lyle! I appreciate it ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.