[Support request] layout question

Home Forums Support [Support request] layout question

Home Forums Support layout question

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Roy

I have create Static Front page but there are two issues that I have not been able to figure out.
    Here’s how the page is rendering

Screenshot of Frontpage

On the right and left side of the text in the content area there is white space. How do I give that a background color or extent the area the text is in to wipe out the white space.

Second question is regarding the footer. What is the gray area below the footer. How do I get rid of that? Here’s the settings I have for the footer area:Footer Attributes

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Roy,

Are you able to provide a link to your site? I can take a look at that white space easier that way.

Roy

Unfortunately no. I’m currently implementing on a LocalHost on my PC. I could save the page to a file and send that to you as an attachment. Would that help?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

How are you adding that full width section? Using a specific page builder?

You could try something like this for the color under the footer: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/disable-background-passed-the-footer/#post-277019

Roy

That fixed the footer.

For the full width I used the Layout Content attributes.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, really hard to tell without seeing the actual site – so many things could cause spacing like that.

Do you have a live site you can re-create the issue on?

Roy

I fixed the content area by changing content layout from one container to separate containers. Have no clue why that would fix it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s really weird. I’ll look into it 🙂

Roy

But there is now a small (20px) gray space between the bottom of the header and the top of the image. So setting separate containers gets rid of the white are on the right and left of the content but adds a “gray bar” between the header and the featured image.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm well that’s the point of separate containers.

What if you switch it back to one container, and then increase your container width or make the body background the same color as your content background?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.