[Resolved] layout page header vs page header advance

Home Forums Support [Resolved] layout page header vs page header advance

Home Forums Support layout page header vs page header advance

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Russell

I’m getting into moving from gp premium 1.6x to 1.7x. I checked to see if I have any page headers and hooks. question for you:

1) GP tells me I have no page header bu I do have a couple of sliders activated in the Page header advance section of my front page? Is that the same page header affected by the 1.7 update?

2) In appearance » GP hooks i have the following in the wp_footer section. What do I do with it? what happens to it? etc.

<script>

jQuery(function($) {

window.onhashchange = function() {
    var hash = location.hash;
    $(hash).parent().trigger(“click”);
    };

$( document ).ready(function() {
    window.onhashchange();
    });
    });

</script>

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. Yes – you can now replace your on-page Page Builders with a Header Element.

2. You can copy that code, and create a new “Hook” element. Then choose the wp_footer hook, and set the Display Rules to the Entire Site (if needed across the whole site).

This might help: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/moving-hooks-page-headers-to-elements/

Let me know 🙂

Russell

Thanks Tom » the video is most helpful. I’m missing what to do/where to find the new 1.7 area for the page header > Advanced > “Place content behind header (sliders, etc…) option.

where do I find that option in 1.7.x?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s just the “Merge” option in the Site Header tab of the new Header Element 🙂

Russell

OK, what do I do with this code in the simple css area of the page just below comments and page header » I looked in the simple css under appereance and it wasn’t there » do I put in the content section?

Presently in the content section I have
    <span> </span>

that I took for the page header content area

.site-header {
    border-bottom: 0px dashed #000000;
    }
    .main-title a, .main-title a:hover, .main-title a:visited {
    color: #ffffff;
    }
    .site-description {
    color: #ffffff;
    }

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The title and description colors can be set in the Site Header tab of your Header Element.

The other custom CSS can go in Customize > Additional CSS.

Russell

OK something went sideways » I’m working on my localhost development site..

I made the changes above and removed the page header so elements could take over and now my menus are not working.

ideas?

Russell

I just undid the site header mere to no merge and the menus are not operational

of course that means there is now a blank space above them

does this help?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m afraid I’d need to see the site in order to know what’s wrong.

Russell

OK that will be tough since its on a localhost, so how about we return to the

page header > Advanced > merge with site header

and the

page header > Advanced > Place content behind the theater (sliders, etc..)

areas

in element I see the Site Header > Merge with Content No merger or merge choice, but I don’t see any place where the “Place content behind the theater (sliders, etc..)” is addressed

could that be what’s happening and/or how is the “Place content behind the theater (sliders, etc..)’ addressed in the new elements?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The merge option in the new Elements module is the equivalent of using the old “Place content behind..” option. They do the same thing.

Russell

OK got it.

I set up a admin user account in your name. I have to admit you have finally bust through my trust issues. I think I’ll just keep account active for you from now on. Thanks for holding so much space for this to happen…

see direct email with credentials…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Try adding the height of your header into the “Offset Site Header Height” option.

You can add around 150px there.

Let me know 🙂

Russell

no love.

do so created a white space above the picture » after selecting the white text of the menu I could see the menu was operating OK » but this is essentially similar to the no merge option…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So the issue comes from your Elementor section having a z-index of 25, while the merged header is 10.

So you can either change your Elementor section to have a lower z-index, or add this CSS:

.header-wrap {
        z-index: 26;
    }
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.