[Support request] Layout, Hook and Header (Generateblocks) after Update to WordPress 6.0

Home Forums Support [Support request] Layout, Hook and Header (Generateblocks) after Update to WordPress 6.0

Home Forums Support Layout, Hook and Header (Generateblocks) after Update to WordPress 6.0

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Horst

Hello,
    the layout or header types in the Generateblocks plugin can no longer be edited afterwards. The content is shown as empty. Layout, Hook and header area affected.

Example

Beta and Alpha versions 1.5 and 1.2 do not change this appearance.

Update: No change after switching off all plugins (incl. Cache) and reverting to the WordPress version 5.9x.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

just to be clear, after updating to WP 6.0 you are unable to edit any Header, Hook or Layout Elements in Dashboard > Appearance > Elements ?

Horst

Hello David,

correct. They work, but I can no longer change them or create new ones. Only the blocks work as usual.

Regards
    horst

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Horst,

Are you talking about the Layout element/hook element and header element of GeneratePress Premium?

If I remember correctly, you are using Gutenberg plugin, right?

So this issue and the color picker issue (from your other topic) are both happening when Gutenberg plugin’s activated with WP 6.0?

Let me know!

Thank you 🙂

Horst

Hello Ying,
    no, I don’t use Gutenberg. Yesterday after the update to WP 6 I installed the plugin for a short time. There were difficulties with color selection (GP Premium). Due to the hint in the thread I deactivated and deleted the plugin. The color picker worked again. I reported that too.

This problem (hook, layout and header area) comes about. I work with Generatebocks and initially displayed this message in the forum there. Tom asked me to report the problem here in this forum.

The thing is, I’ve never normally worked with Gutenberg (the plugin) – with the exception mentioned. Hence this problem does not arise.

I can no longer use the three functions. I can neither edit existing entries nor can new ones be created. However, the existing entries work. Only the Blocks function works as usual.

Regards
    Horst

https://www.dropbox.com/s/285orpt7tzu4m3i/Xnip2022-05-27_19-48-49.jpg?dl=0

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Any chance you can disable all other plugins and custom functions if you are using any to test?

As I’m using WP 6.0, but I don’t have the same issue on my end.

If you can create a staging site so that we can do some testing, it will be very helpful.

Thank you!

Horst

Hello Ying,

all measures did not change the state that arose after the update to WP 6.0.

I did the following twice:

a) All plugins (except Generatepress Premium and Generateblocks + Premium) switched off.
    b) funktions.php completely emptied
    c) Browser cache cleared
    d) Revert to previous WP version and back to WP 6

These measures, even today, were unsuccessful. Unfortunately, I can’t create a staging site because I’m not familiar with it. I would send you my login details if that would help. All you have to do is tell me where to send it.
    Thanks.

By the way, I have a test page. I don’t have the problem there, but the environment isn’t 1:1 identical either.

Regards
    Horst Schulte

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Unfortunately, I can’t create a staging site because I’m not familiar with it.

Can you contact your hosting support to see if they can help to set one up? Most reputable hosting services I know offer staging site service for free.

We have not received any other reports on this before so it will likely take some more debugging.

Let me know 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.