[Support request] Layered Featured Image on a Specific Custom Post Type

Home Forums Support [Support request] Layered Featured Image on a Specific Custom Post Type

Home Forums Support Layered Featured Image on a Specific Custom Post Type

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chad

Hello, I know this is going to be a little strange.

I recently launched a site where I sell membership access to my artwork… and I need to protect the featured image from being easily downloaded.

My idea was to layer a transparent image over the top of the featured imaged. Covering it like that would remove the ability for mobile browsers to easily “save image.” Technically they could still, but they’d get the transparent image rather than the artwork.

I know desktop browsers could view code, copy the link, and then download the featured image separately… but that’s for another day — plus they’re only getting the preview, not the high-resolution version.

What would you say is the best way to layer a transparent image over the featured image in GeneratePress? I’d really only need it on the “downloads” custom post type, but I don’t have other types of posts at this time so an overall solution would work too.

Thanks!

PS – I’ll be taking other measures, this is just one — was curious how to accomplish this in GeneratePress.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Looked into this and didn’t find much.

I did find this though which is interesting:

img {
        user-select: none;
    }

Might be worth a shot?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.