[Resolved] Latest Version of PHP

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Latest Version of PHP

Home Forums Support Latest Version of PHP

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Troy

Hi Team,
    I am having this same issue. The WP dashboard says I must update PHP. Tried changing from 7.2 to every other version and site doesn’t display at all. I used the PIXEL theme and simply replaced graphics to suit. That site has two elements pages. That’s it. What should I do?
    Thanks,
    TM.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you try disabling ALL plugins except GP Premium? To be sure the issue isn’t w/ the PHP version.

As for PHP versions:

While GP will work on 8.0, use 7.4 to be on the safe side as its usually the plugins that aren’t coded to work for 8.0. (7.4 has been around for quite a while, It’s likely the most adapted)

Troy

Hi Elvin,
    I have disabled all plugins except GP Premium and still the site does not load. The error reads: Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress. Is this a different issue?
    Thanks,
    TM.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

this article explains the causes for that kind of ‘error’:

https://kinsta.com/knowledgebase/php-installation-missing-mysql-extension-required-by-wordpress/

However, i would suggest it best you talk to your host and ask them to take a look in case something got corrupted with the PHP or WP install.

Troy

Hi David,
    Thanks for getting back to me. I contacted my host and they directed me to the ‘Reset to Default’ button in the PHP Selector area in CPanel. It is now clean and running on 7.4. The message has gone from the dashboard too.
    Thanks for your help. Appreciate it.
    TM.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.