[Support request] Latest update of Generate Press Premium Issue

Home Forums Support [Support request] Latest update of Generate Press Premium Issue

Home Forums Support Latest update of Generate Press Premium Issue

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Thomas

Hello

I have just installed the new update which has just been released for Generate Press Premium and there is an issue with Shortcodes Ultimate.

When using “sections” the Shortcodes Ultimate button no longer displays in the new content editor. I have around 15 sites running GP Premium and this feature is essential.

Many Thanks

Thomas

It also strips the Shortcodes Ultimate code when saving a section

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The button is a known issues, some plugins like Shortcodes Ultimate decided to not add their button to the TinyMCE editor (like they should) and add a button above for some reason. I guess it’s more visible.

Unfortunately, it’s not the right way to do things when it comes to the editor, and it breaks functionality when other themes or plugins make use of the editor like we’re seeing with Sections.

Since it’s such a popular plugin, I’m working on integrating it – although I wish they would just stick to WP coding standards.

As for stripping the shortcodes – that shouldn’t happen. Is it a specific shortcode this is happening to?

Pieter

Hi Tom,

Any idea when the integration is done? Also working with shortcodes ultimate. Tried another shortcode plugin, Easy Bootstrap, but this one also doesn’t work with the new section. Can click de icons in de editor, but the pop-up show behind the sections pop-up.
    Would like to work with shortcodes ultimate, is my favourite plugin, besides GP Premium :-p

Thomas

Hi Tom

Thanks for the update. Any idea on what your timeframe is for a fix?

Will i simply be able to delete the updated GP Premium plugin and upload an old version, will all the settings remain in place?

Tom

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Switching back to an older version probably isn’t worth losing the enhancements in the latest version.

Instead, until I have this compatibility added, just add a draft post/page and build your shortcode there. Then just copy and paste it into Sections ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I just added compatibility for shortcodes ultimate in the next version.

Thomas

Hi Tom.

I have updated to the latest version of both GP and GP Premium but still cannot see the Ultimate Shortcodes button in the updated editor?

Am I missing something?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It will be available in GP Premium 1.2.91.

Hoping to release it today ๐Ÿ™‚

Thomas

Perfect, thanks Tom

Great support.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.