[Resolved] Latest posts – present with featured image, masonry and filters

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Latest posts – present with featured image, masonry and filters

Home Forums Support Latest posts – present with featured image, masonry and filters

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    P

Dear team,

(First time-user of GP, still learning my way around)
    I would appreciate your help with the following:

1) I want to present a list of posts from a certain category in an already existing page, which also has other elements (cover block, paragraph, etc).
      2) The posts should display with the featured image and in masonry layout style.
      3) For a specific sub-case, i would like to use filters to select post and/or gallery items (classed per tag or category), as in https://generatepress.com/site-library/

Is this possible?

I’ve tried using the default “Posts page” options (via Settings>Reading settings) but i can’t add more elements to it.
    I’ve then added a “Latest Posts” widget block in the existing page, selecting “Post Content” > “Show excerpt” and ” Show full post”. The relevant posts are shown, but without the featured image. I also can’t find where to activate the Masonry display style; the “Customize” > “Layout” > “Blog” options don’t seem to affect the widget.

Guidance is greatly appreciated. Please let me know if more info or an example link is needed.
    Thank you in advance.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

You will need a plugin like WP Show Posts:
    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wp-show-posts/

P

Thank you Leo.

I should have asked first if all this was doable with GP Premium alone, as i was assuming ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve checked the plugin you indicated. I might use it, as the Pro version addresses all the requirements even if some customization/styling is needed.

You can mark this as resolved. Thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.