[Resolved] Last Updated Date Isn’t Displaying on 2 Most Recent Posts

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Last Updated Date Isn’t Displaying on 2 Most Recent Posts

Home Forums Support Last Updated Date Isn’t Displaying on 2 Most Recent Posts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    William

I put the last updated date meta info in my Post Hero template and set it to display on any blog post. It’s working on all my posts EXCEPT for my 2 most recent blog posts (go to my /blog/ page to see the most recent ones). It’s also not working on any new post I create.

Already tried disabling all plugins, clearing cache etc.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi William,

Looking at how you’ve set up the date meta, it won’t show up if your post has never been edited yet.

You can try setting the dynamic post to this instead – https://share.getcloudapp.com/Jrun4v0j – so it automatically swaps between the publish date(if it has no history of being updated) and last updated date (if it’s been updated)

William

Perfect, that worked!

One follow up question — Are you familiar with the WP Last Modified Info plugin? Does GP’s date feature make this plugin obsolete/redundant? Or is there any benefit to keeping the WP Last Modified Info plugin?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

One follow up question — Are you familiar with the WP Last Modified Info plugin? Does GP’s date feature make this plugin obsolete/redundant? Or is there any benefit to keeping the WP Last Modified Info plugin?

I’m not exactly sure how it functions but personally, if it’s about displaying the modified date on the Block element then it shouldn’t be needed because the dynamic value on GB’s headline block already uses get_the_modified_date().
    https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/get_the_modified_date/

William

Got it, thanks again.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.