[Resolved] Form for moving replies not showing correct.

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Form for moving replies not showing correct.

Home Forums Support Form for moving replies not showing correct.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Thomas

Everytime I try to move or split a reply or topic, the form to do so doesn’t display correct, for example:
    example

It doesn’t matter if the screen is small or very big.
    This is no big issue because it’s only available for moderators, but it would be a nice fix for GP2.0.3

Best regards,

Edit: Removed the question about large topics not opening on the correct page

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I’m not 100% sure what the problem is but GP isn’t doing anything to alter how BBPress posts and their forms are displayed.

Have you contacted BBPress’ support?

Thomas

Alright, thought you guys altered it, I’ll contact BBpress.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Let us know if they think it’s GP issue πŸ™‚

Thomas

I’ve contacted BBpress support regarding the form not being displayed correct. This was the answer the supplied:

combination of your theme and bbpress, sorry but nothing that bbpress can do directly about this, works fine on all default wordpress themes.

you can of course alter it with css for your theme.

Is it something you can look into, otherwise can you help me a bit with the css?
    I always seem to strugle with text-fields and there alignment.

Best regards,
    Alrik

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not sure I understand the initial issue. Can you explain a bit more?

How many pages is the big topic? I noticed that our Showcase topic here in this forum doesn’t link to the last page through email notifications. I’m not sure how that would be theme related, as it doesn’t alter the output of the notification emails.

Thomas

Hi Tom,

The title is not accurate anymore. For large topics that open on the wrong page I now have an outstanding question elsewere, because as you said it’s not theme related. After typing this I’ll change the begin-post and title. Sorry for the confusion.

The question that remains for you guys is of the form (when moving or splitting a reply/topic) not showing correct like in the image below. The <div class="inside-article"> has a width of 864px.
    example

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you link me to a page where I can see that?

Thomas

That would be possible, but this function/page is only available for moderators.

I can make you a moderator account and send you the login credentials. For safety reasons; can I email this to you, and on what address?

Best regards,

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can send it through Account Issue: https://generatepress.com/contact/

Just reference the topic link.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, you have some custom CSS making it so all input elements are set to float right.

Try adding this CSS:

#bbpress-forums form#move_reply input,
    #bbpress-forums form#split_topic input {
        float: none;
    }
    Thomas

I’m very glad you pointed this out!
    Last couple of days I was strugling with aligning input fields and couldn’t figur out why.

Thank you very much πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re very welcome πŸ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.