[Resolved] Language switcher flickering when I activate GeneratePress Premium

Home Forums Support Language switcher flickering when I activate GeneratePress Premium

• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 months ago by David.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Paolo

Language switcher flickering when I activate GeneratePress Premium. Language switcher created with TranslatePress using shortcode language-switch in Header widget. Please see issue on testing environment (link below). Problem disappears when I deactivate GeneratePress Premium

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

How is the language switched added – is it using a shortcode ?

Paolo

Hi David,
    thank you for the prompt reply. the language switcher is added using a shortcode provided by the TranslatePress plugin. I added the [language-switcher] shortcode to the TopBar widget. As I said, the switcher works well when the Premium version is disactivated.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you try disabling the separate GP Premium modules to see which one is conflicting ?

Paolo

I have disabled all the modules and the problem is still there.
    Thank you

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm that doesn’t make sense. When all the modules are deactivated, it basically means GP Premium is deactivated as well.

Are all plugins disabled currently?

The body classes are still showing some Elementor classes:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/Uby4jFUlzl

Paolo

I just disabled Elementor. The only plugins that are active at the moment are GP Premium and TranslatePress. However, the problem persists. Thank you

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The shortcode itself is generating some ‘bad’ code. Not sure why GPP would cause that.
    Can you try using a HTML widget instead of text widget to add the shortcode.

If the problem still persists can you move the widget from the top bar to the header widget.

Let us know.

Paolo

Using a custom HTML widget has solved the issue. Thank you for your support.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – glad to hear you got it resolved.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.