[Resolved] Landing Page with Image – couple of questions

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Landing Page with Image – couple of questions

Home Forums Support Landing Page with Image – couple of questions

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bill

Hi,

Have to congratulate on GeneratePress. Have bought Premium, and its an absolute steal for a quality theme. Have got a couple of questions if you don’t mind.

I am trying to create a landing page for my photography website. I just want a single page with a photo taking up the whole page, with logo and navigation at the top, with a welcome message in the middle.

I have got the photo as a background image message and navigation, and merged the photo with the header. All good. However, at the bottom of the photo, its slightly tiled so it repeats a little bit of the top. Is there a setting to remove this which I’ve missed?

Secondly, how do I remove any actual content (even though I have removed the Content Title, it still has space where it expects content to go)?

Is there an alternative, and better way, to achieve what I am trying to do?

Hope this makes sense. Thanks for any help πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Bill,

Any chance you can link me to what you have so far? I should be able to provide a couple lines of CSS that’ll get you the rest of the way.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Bill

Thanks Tom, much appreciated. Here’s a link to my test page, very much in the initial testing and playing around phase πŸ™‚

http://billgillon.com/home-page/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So to hide the actual page content, you would add this CSS:

#page {
        display: none;
    }

I would use my Simple CSS plugin and add it to that page only using the meta box.

The repeating is due to the parallax effect. The image isn’t tall enough to scroll.

You can either use a taller image, or do this:

.page-header-content.parallax-enabled {
        background-attachment: fixed;
    }
    Bill

Fantastic, thanks Tom, will give those a go.

Still getting used to the intricacies, so the help is hugely appreciated. Again, the theme, flexibility and support for it, for the price, is an absolute steal and gift.

Bill

Works perfectly Tom, thank you. Have changed the Paralax settings on the page, and the photo is fine now. Have also installed your CSS plugin, and added your code, and its perfect. Simple CSS is a superbly handy plugin!

Thanks again.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, glad I could help! πŸ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.