[Support request] landing page –> menu should hide by default, but appear when scrolling down

Home Forums Support [Support request] landing page –> menu should hide by default, but appear when scrolling down

Home Forums Support landing page –> menu should hide by default, but appear when scrolling down

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Sven

Hi Leo,
    what browser do you use? I don’t see that js error – either in chrome nor in firefox!
    Do you think, an js error can cause my menu problem?

Sven

The menu toggle works, as the slide-in-menu appears in mobile view. But: there it’s always shown, too…
    It doesn’t not hide when loading the page and then show up by scrolling

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m using Chrome. And yes I’m pretty sure the js error is causing the issue.

I just checked your site on my phone and the toggle is showing but nothing happens when I click on it – that is definitely a js issue.

Any chance you can disable all plugins except GP Premium so I can offer some advice? Maybe start with disabling the red text animation first.

Sven

I’ve disabled all plugins except “GP Premium” –> menu appears all the time (= standard behaviour)

2. then I’ve activated “Simple CSS” plugin with Tom’s css code –> menu (desktop view) is not shown and does not appear when scrolling

3. strange behaviour: if I then activate mobile view (by changing the browser’s size), the mobile menu appears (all the time, even by first load of page). If afterwards I change back to desktop view, the desktop menu appears – but all the time (it is not hidden after loading the page without scrolling)

???

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you disable all plugins and leave them disabled so I can take a look?

Thanks πŸ™‚

Sven

Hi Leo,

actually that’s not possible… so that problem has to wait!

Now starts the time, where we celebrate “Fasnacht” in our region. It’s carneval, but kind of spring break style (but as it’s pretty cold outsid without the wet-t-shirt-contests).

And as we are a music band that has a lot of gigs in these days, I cannot leave the site in an ugly condition!

Therefore I changed the menu structure yesterday so that it works (not as usually intended, but technically and to my consent).

I’ll get back to you later (at least march) with that problem…

Thank you for your efforts to find a solution!

Best regards,
    Sven

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good πŸ™‚

Sven

Hi Leo,
    now there appeared another, major problem!
    I have activated sticky menu on on my mobile site for my main menu.
    The menu in mobile view on my desktop browser can be opened, but on my mobile phone the menu can be tapped, but nothing happens… the off canvas menu does not open!
    Any ideas?
    Regards, Sven

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

but on my mobile phone the menu can be tapped, but nothing happens… the off canvas menu does not open!

I’ve actually tried to point this out few times already πŸ˜‰ This is likely caused by the console error I mentioned before.

Have you started a staging site so that you could disable all plugins except GP Premium?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Sven

Hi Leo, staging site https://fudiggl.de/stg_6ed56/
    Do you need something else?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you disable all plugins except GP premium on the staging site including the animation?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/v5ZhY8WbHvdi

Sven

my site has just crashed !!! I’m actually trying to reset the site… I’m right now in dialog with the support team of my provider! I’ll get back to you asap

Sven

Hi Leo,
    now we can start debugging. Standard procedure: deactivate all plugins, ok. But then? I already tried that two days ago, deactivated all plugins and activate one after another – but I could not find a plugin that causes the misbehaviour.
    Furthermore I cannot reproduce that js query error you mentioned some entries before.
    On my mobile phone the mobile menu appears actually but is useless, because nothing happens, when you tap on it on the mobile phone! The mobile view on a desktop browser works!
    I’m helpless…

As you’ve requested I have now activated only two plugins: “GP Premium” and “Animate it!” plugin from eLEOPARD Design Studios, that I use for animation.

Sven

Seems that the menu misbehaviour is gone… πŸ˜€
    But I have absolutely NO idea why!!! :-O
    I switched to another caching plug-in… can it be that was the solution?
    Leo, can you please check if that js error on my start page is even there?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Caching plugin can definitely cause issues like that.

I no longer see the js error πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.