[Resolved] Landing page issue when linked from a Google snippet

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Landing page issue when linked from a Google snippet

Home Forums Support Landing page issue when linked from a Google snippet

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dong

Hi guys,

So I moved to GP Premium for a few weeks now (been loving it!) and just noticed a very strange thing that didn’t happen with my previous theme.

Specifically, When you Google for a product I review and the result is shown as a featured snippet (yay!), the link from the snippet will cause the landing page to freeze: It takes a looooooonng time to load among other things. The page itself is fine if you access it directly or from a regular (non-snippet) search result.

Here’s an example (you need to comp the entire link).

https://dongknows.com/bearifi-edge-mesh-review/#:~:text=Bearifi%20Edge%20Mesh%20Review%3A%20Good%20Hardware%20Stunted%20by%20Shoddy%20Firmware&text=The%20Bearifi%20Edge%20Mesh%20is,a%20set%20of%20two%20units.

Or you can google “ds620slim synology review dong ngo” and follow the link in the snippet.

It seems the part that starts with “#:~:text=” in the URL (automatically added by Google) causes the page to freeze. Do you know how I can fix that?

Appreciate your time!

Thanks,

-Dong.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I believe that’s Google’s thing the theme itself doesn’t control – I noticed that when searching our doc page recently too.

You can try to verify it by testing with a twenty series theme.

An SEO plugin like Yoast or RankMath should have options to modify that I believe.

Dong

Leo,

It’s definitely something to do with GP. I turn off “Use Navigation as Header” and that helped. Please look into it.

-Dong.

Dong

Actually, Leo, scratch that. I spoke too soon. It seems the issue is only with Chrome. 🙁

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you’ve identified the problem.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.