[Resolved] Landing page: How to remove navigation and copyright area

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Landing page: How to remove navigation and copyright area

Home Forums Support Landing page: How to remove navigation and copyright area

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mkjj

I have to build a landing page, and we would like to remove both the header navigation and the copyright area below the footer widget area for this specific page. I could do this using CSS, but I would prefer a cleaner method. I created a new page template and used the code of the header.php. I can easily remove the header navigation section. It’s not so easy with the footer. The footer.php calls several actions. I wasn’t able to remove the copyright section only. Ho can I do this? Even better would be a function in the child theme’s functions.php that removes the actions for both the header navigation and the copyright section for just this page ID. I checked the documention about hooks, but did not fully understand how to remove both sections from the page.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

make sure you have the Disable Elements module and the Elements Module enabled.

Then create a new Layout Element:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/

You can disable Primary Navigation / Mobile Header / Footer and set the Footer widgets to display 0

mkjj

Very impressive, thank you! I’ve just found out that I could do this even for each individual page by changing the layout options. Great feature. This is what is really awesome about Generatepress: It does not use a bloated theme options panel, but has so many great features. Excellent!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome 🙂 Glad to hear it works and you like the feature !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.