[Resolved] Kindly ask for some hints to build the list of summarized latest posts

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Kindly ask for some hints to build the list of summarized latest posts

Home Forums Support Kindly ask for some hints to build the list of summarized latest posts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tuan

Hi GP team,

I took this picture from Medium and would like to ask if I can do this with some help (drag-drop) from GP premium? If so, could you please give me a hint in terms of some basic steps to do that? Like, “create an element with Hook type, then write some hook code then set it as a widget, then create a page, put that widget into”? I don’t mind writing some code (I actually prefer to do coding) but not sure which element I should code. I really appreciate your help.

Here is my capture (not sure why the embedded image is not shown)
    https://ibb.co/Q9TKwwT

Regards,

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Tuan,

Unfortunately drag-drop is not the way that GP goes.

The left side of the page in your screen shot can be built with our block editor plugin Generateblocks and WP show posts.

1. Create a WP show posts list which contains 1 column/1 Post per page, and another WP show posts list with 1 column/ 4 Posts per page.

2. Go to Appearance > Elements, add a new Block element, choose hook as block type. Which hook to use and location setting depends on where you want this part to show, you could specify it in your reply πŸ™‚ Create a Grid structure with 2 50% container. Insert the short code generated by Wp show posts.

3. After the basic layout is done, you might need some CSS to do some touch up.

The right side of the screen shot, I’m not sure it’s a right sidebar or a part of the content. If it’s a right sidebar, you can create a block element, choose right sidebar as block type. But the latest of following content might need some specific plugin.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Tuan

Hi Ying,

Thanks for your reply. I just want to confirm, when you say WP show post, does that mean I need to install that plugin since I see there is one such plugin.

Thanks,
    Tuan

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes WP Show Posts is a plugin πŸ™‚

Tuan

Thank you very much Leo.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.