[Resolved] Keep getting error messages about theme-functions.php

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Keep getting error messages about theme-functions.php

Home Forums Support Keep getting error messages about theme-functions.php

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lola

Hello,

I keep getting error messages about the theme-functions.php

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home1/mistresslola/public_html/wp-content/themes/generatepress/inc/theme-functions.php:1) in…

over the past hour it’s been giving me lots of different files after that.

I think I may have broken the code when I inserted some I pulled from the net (stupid I know, lesson learned). I gained access again through FTP and deleted what I added, and now it keeps giving me this error πŸ™

I’ve disabled all my plugin’s through FTP (and only re-enabled the ones I need for my site to continue running whilst I figure this out, which were all running fine before my silly editing)

I’d be so grateful if you could have a look and see if you know what’s causing this.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Best thing to do is replace the contents of that file with the default code: https://themes.svn.wordpress.org/generatepress/2.0.2/inc/theme-functions.php

Then use one of these methods to add your own PHP snippets: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

Let me know if this helps or not πŸ™‚

Lola

Hello!

I updated that using FTP and now I’m getting these error messages when I try to log in:

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home1/mistresslola/public_html/wp-content/themes/generatepress/inc/theme-functions.php:1) in /home1/mistresslola/public_html/wp-login.php on line 421

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home1/mistresslola/public_html/wp-content/themes/generatepress/inc/theme-functions.php:1) in /home1/mistresslola/public_html/wp-login.php on line 434

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home1/mistresslola/public_html/wp-content/themes/generatepress/inc/theme-functions.php:1) in /home1/mistresslola/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 920

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home1/mistresslola/public_html/wp-content/themes/generatepress/inc/theme-functions.php:1) in /home1/mistresslola/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 921

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home1/mistresslola/public_html/wp-content/themes/generatepress/inc/theme-functions.php:1) in /home1/mistresslola/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 922

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It may be a good idea to re-upload all of the theme files via FTP, in case anything else was changed in there.

Lola

Seems to have done the trick, thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.