[Support request] Just Bought GeneratePress. How to Configure Quickest Without Keeping Site Down?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Just Bought GeneratePress. How to Configure Quickest Without Keeping Site Down?

Home Forums Support Just Bought GeneratePress. How to Configure Quickest Without Keeping Site Down?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paramvir

Hello. I have just bought the GP Pack. Whats the best practice to configure the site without keeping it offline for too long?

I ask because the plugin has so many options it may take me a while to get exactly what works for me…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the best method would be to set up a Staging site, your host should be able to help with this. Then you can spend as long as you like configuring the staging copy of your site and when you’re happy the host will push those changes to the live site.

Paramvir

Thanks. My hosting company suggested I use https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-staging/

Do you recommend?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I haven’t had any experience with that plugin so cannot recommend. Quickly reading the reviews it seems you require the Premium version to use it correctly. I would be cautious and make sure your host has a backup before proceeding.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.