[Support request] Just A Reminder To Others – GIF Feature Image Can Break Site

Home Forums Support [Support request] Just A Reminder To Others – GIF Feature Image Can Break Site

Home Forums Support Just A Reminder To Others – GIF Feature Image Can Break Site

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kenneth

Not really a question but more of a beware to other site owners. In a haste to post an article mistakenly used a GIF in the featured image and it broke the front page of my site. It took me 6 hours to finally figure out what caused it. Maybe I am the only one that has happen to, but just a heads up for others.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I know that GIFs don’t currently work with the resizer built into the Blog and Page Header add-ons.

What exactly do you mean by broke? Any specific errors?

Kenneth

There were no error messages, but my static front page would show nothing below the header and menu, just my background color. Upon further investigation, I could see any of my pages but any page using a category setting in the menu came up as blank below the menu. I didn’t realize that until after my post here or I would have reworded it.

I should also mention that I use the Max Mega Menu plugin, so there could have been something in it blocking the category pages from being shown.

Once I removed the .gif then everything worked fine. I’ve never had that happen before.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Good to know – thanks for reporting 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.