[Resolved] Jumping header when updating page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Jumping header when updating page

Home Forums Support Jumping header when updating page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Carsten

Hi there, any idea why this is happening for that particularly page link?

It only happens, when a logo is added to the header

View post on imgur.com

Regards

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Usually it’s caching issue.

Have you tried disabling the caching plugin?

Carsten

You are right about it’s a caching issue, this is the result when the caching plugin is deactivated and page cache is cleared, please not the disappearing logo and burger menu

View post on imgur.com

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry so is the issue resolved?

Carsten

It’s not resolved, the issues is still there, but I can’t rule out cache issues. But the solution is not just to deactivate my cache.

I do not understand how cache can change the header to a non existing condition, I mean a condition, where the menu floats left under the logo when updating, or the logo disappears when updating page. And why does this issue occur when I add a logo?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Cache/Optimization plugins apply many actions aside from caching the code.
    They combine similar files like CSS and JS. In doing so they can mess the order the code needs to be executed in.

They minimise code which removes spacing and comments from said files. This can cause some plugins codes to break. And a broken JS file can lead to subsequent files not loading. This also applies to CSS.

They may be doing something with the images, such as Lazyloading which changes the img markup and requests initially a placeholder image followed by a file that may be being served from elsewhere.

All in All the issue lies with how the cache/optimizer is configured.

To troubleshoot re-enable your cache/optimization plugin with all of its options de-activated.
    Then its a case of re-activating each option one by one to see which one is causing the issue.

I would begin with the combine / minimise / aggregate options as they are most likely to ‘mess’ something up.

Carsten

Hi there, thanks for the tip, it makes good sense, I will go through my cache settings.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.