[Support request] JS Console Errors

Home Forums Support [Support request] JS Console Errors

Home Forums Support JS Console Errors

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Matthew

Hi everyone,

I posted my website in the showcase thread and Tom pointed out to me that there were a few JS errors on my website:
    http://www.abitofseoul.com

It looks like it is happening with all of the photos on the main page with the post layout I’m using. I have a bit of JS experience but not enough to figure out what is going on. I was wondering if anyone could help me.

Roberto Enrique

I see lots of warnings regarding css.

If I’m not wrong those appear when you use Vendor Extension Prefixes in your css and shouldn’t cause any problem.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you try deactivating your non-GP plugins one by one and see if deactivating any of them makes the errors go away?

Matthew

So I did what you suggested tom and removed addons, it fixed the issue so I went through them re-activating one by one until I found the one where the errors came back. It is actually Jetpack causing the errors. With the plugin deactivated I don’t get any errors but when it’s active those errors come back.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

My guess is it’s the Photon module inside Jetpack. You can try deactivating that Photon while Jetpack is active to test.

Matthew

Thanks Tom, that fixed the majority of the errors but there are two new ones now showing.

notes-common-v2.js:32 Uncaught ReferenceError: Backbone is not defined
    at notes-common-v2.js:32
    at notes-common-v2.js:158
    (anonymous) @ notes-common-v2.js:32
    (anonymous) @ notes-common-v2.js:158
    admin-bar-v2.js:2 Uncaught ReferenceError: _ is not defined
    at admin-bar-v2.js:2

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not seeing that error – is is happening on the front end or the back end?

Matthew

Thanks again Tom! I just checked my site and when I log out of wordpress there aren’t any errors but when I am logged in and the wordpress bar is at the top I get those errors. Looks like it is a back end issue.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I would assume there’s a plugin installed causing that error as well.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.