[Support request] JetPack Social Share on sections: align to container width

Home Forums Support [Support request] JetPack Social Share on sections: align to container width

Home Forums Support JetPack Social Share on sections: align to container width

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    drew

I’ve noticed that when using sections, Jetpack’s social share is aligning to absolute left as opposed to the inner container width.

Alignment on page w/o sections: https://apollosfire.org/about/apollos-fire/
    Alignment on page w/sections: https://apollosfire.org/about/apollos-fire-musicians/

Is there a way to have the share function adopt the inner container margins when determining left align?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

HI there,

Are you able to add a class to the social share?

Currently you have:
    <div class="sharedaddy sd-sharing-enabled">

Changing it to:
    <div class="sharedaddy sd-sharing-enabled grid-container">

should work.

Let me know.

drew

If I’m following you correctly, that would require modifying one of jetpack’s php file, correct? If so, wouldn’t that get overwritten on updates?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

How is it added currently?

drew

However JetPack has it set up. When activating that module, it adds the share function automatically. While there’s an option to disable their JS and CSS, there’s nothing that lets a user manually insert it via a hook or custom function.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That’s not very convenient.

I would recommend asking Jetpack if they have a way to add that custom class in there.

drew

Acknowledged and will do. If they come back with anything useful, I’ll post a follow-up here so others can find the solution if they run into it.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.