[Resolved] JavaScript Libraries

Home Forums Support [Resolved] JavaScript Libraries

Home Forums Support JavaScript Libraries

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Jeff

Never mind, I found this on another of the forum posts:

#site-navigation,
    #mobile-header {
    position: -webkit-sticky;
    position: sticky;
    top: 0;
    }

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jeff,

yes the Sticky Nav is still using jQuery. It will be replaced very soon in an upcoming update with vanilla JS.

For a pure CSS method you can do this:

#site-navigation {
    }

Note pure CSS methods can’t do transitions.

Jeff

I used

#masthead {
    }

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry i missed your previous reply – yep that works for the Site Header 🙂

93487u5tr938ouh4trnos8fyoh

Usually on other themes when they offer support throw forums it is not allowed for other users to mess with another user’s thread and there is a clear reason why.

1. I have opened the topic for myself, it has clear goal. Someone comes here and create an off topic. I am really not interested in their off topic, nor in the support answer for their stuff.

2. I am bombarded with email notifications. Well, I open and it turns out it’s purely based on someone’s else issue which I have now to bare on my own topic and read throw it.

3. I can’t unsubscribe from the emails since I am interested in my own topic and not in the off topic of the other user, so I have to read his stuff. Why not someone else also come here and share his stuff so I can read it too?

4. It makes difficult for users to follow based on topics as if someone was looking for a solution, he/she will not see it.

5. I can’t open a new support topic unless this one is closed.

I am sorry, but I’ve never ever seen support that is offered throw forums that allows something like that.

Each user should create it’s own topic and/or at least contribute to the current one without creating an off topic.

Please, stop allowing this!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If a reply is directly related to a topic, we allow it, as this is an open support forum where we encourage open discussion.

If a reply isn’t directly related, we ask our users to open a new topic.

Thanks.

Since you cannot know prior to publishing I think it’s better to follow the common practices for forums for support.

Jeff

Ah, the .wpadminbar needs to be sticky also, but the #masthead crawls up underneath it a little. They are both sticky but the #masthead is cut off by half when this happens.

sticky overlap

@Jeff, open your own support topic. I am not interested in receiving emails in my topic for your own problem.

The official way of receiving support is throw a forum, since opening support topics in other vendors throw a forum, ticketing system, emails etc is done solely throw one person, it is super stupid to allow free discussion with off topic is absolutely non acceptable.

For free discussions you can enter the FB group and post there.

This support is paid hence I don’t know any other theme vendor that allows off topic to personal support topics. At the end of the day this is a paid support.

I don’t want to unsubscribe to my own stuff just because someone entered here and started his own spin on his own problem on my own topic.

WPEngine’s owned StudioPress – Genesis framework doesn’t allow that in their support forums, same goes for MyThemeShop’s support forum. They don’t allowed this.

If the forum is a “free discussion”, tell me where the paid support is so I don’t get bothered with other people’s issues in my own support topic?

I practically paid for this, I don’t want off topics in my own topic! I am not interested in Jeff’s problem and I don’t want to get emails for it! I don’t want to unsubscribe from my own topic just because someone entered and decided to share his problem in my own support topic.

WPEngine and MyThemeShop don’t allow this for a reason! There are other software and SaaS vendors with the sam rule. You are the only one that allows this. Please, try to understand why this is really unacceptable!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Complaint noted.

As of right now, this is how our premium support forums operate and have been operating for almost 7 years without incident.

That being said, I agree that it can be improved, and it’s something I’ve been looking into for the last couple of months. I have some ideas we’ll be playing with soon.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.