[Resolved] Javascript in slideout navigation hook

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Javascript in slideout navigation hook

Home Forums Support Javascript in slideout navigation hook

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jamal

Hi

Is it possible to run javascript in the generate_inside_slideout_navigation hook? I tried running a script there but i cant make it work for some reason.

Agressively support the kind of work you want to see. Buy it. Talk about it. Review it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can run javascript anywhere and it will apply to any element throughout the page – it doesn’t need to be placed anywhere specifically for it to work.

The best place for javascript is the wp_footer hook.

Let me know if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

Jamal

I have finally learnt how to enque my scripts, so i did enque the script but i will like to dislay a HTML table inside the slideout navigation. Basically run this code inside the slideout navigation hook

Agressively support the kind of work you want to see. Buy it. Talk about it. Review it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Should be pretty easy, you just need to use the generate_inside_slideout_navigation hook.

add_action( 'generate_inside_slideout_navigation','jamal_add_slideout_html' );
    function jamal_add_slideout_html()
    {
    ?>
        Your stuff in here
    <?php
    }
    Jamal

That worked, thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

I have the slideout navigation set to both, please help me with the following:

1. On desktop hide some/all menu items in the slideout.
    2. On mobile, move menu items above the inside_slideout_navigation hook.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

1. You could give those menu item custom classes.

hide-on-desktop
    hide-on-tablet
    hide-on-mobile

2. That’s not possible but there is a generate_after_slideout_navigation hook you can take advantage of.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.