Issues with The Events Calendar

Home Forums Support Issues with The Events Calendar

Home Forums Support Issues with The Events Calendar

• This topic has 13 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Simon

Hey guys,

we’ve got an issue with the events calendar plugin. When the plugin is activated, we are no longer able to customize the theme. Any ideas?

This is our events page: http://lechfelder-hasenpower.de/?post_type=tribe_events

Furthermore it would be great hiding the sidebar on the events page, is that possible?

Thanks a lot and greetings from Germany,
    Simon

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Simon,

So when you go into “Appearance > Customize”, nothing happens? Or?

To change the sidebar, try this:

add_filter( 'generate_sidebar_layout', 'tu_custom_events_sidebar_layout' );
    function tu_custom_events_sidebar_layout( $layout ) {
     	// If we are on a tribe events page, set the sidebar
     	if ( 'tribe_events' == get_post_type() || is_post_type_archive( 'tribe_events' ) ) {
     	 	return 'no-sidebar';
            }

// Or else, set the regular layout
     	return $layout;

}

Adding PHP: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/adding-php-functions/

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Tom.
    Simon

After updating WordPress and the theme (and switching the language to English), customizing now seems to work. Sometimes I now have troubles creating new posts, when only the “Text” and not the “Visual” mode can be shown.

Removing the sidebar worked. But there is an “empty sidebar” still displayed, can I only show the calendar content and no sidebar, as well?

Simon

Is it possible that not being able to customize the theme and switching between the “text” and “visual” mode when writing a post, is related to the site’s language (when The Events Calendar is active)?

The sidebar is back again as well. At first it worked, but now no longer…

Still thanks so far! πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I just adjusted the code above to deal with the sidebar.

As for your other question – I can’t see a reason why something like the language could stop basis WP functionality like that.

Have you tried using the a default Twenty-something WP theme with only Tribe Events activated?

Simon

Thanks so much for the code! Issue solved! πŸ™‚

With the default themes everything works. But since it’s no problem for me, I’m gonna continue working with English as the site’s language!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Great!

I’ll look into the language thing as well πŸ™‚

Simon

Hey Tom, it’s me again…

At first: We changed the domain of our website: http://www.spvgg-lagerlechfeld.de

When The Events Calendar is activated, managing widgets in customizer is not working. Furthermore the widgets I added (mainly custom menus) are always disappearing after a while. Very very confusing.

If you want you can also log in the my WP-dashboard?!?!

Best regards,
    Simon

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This is only happening with that plugin activated?

Have you asked their support to see if they have any ideas?

Simon

Just checked it, it’s not only happening when the plugin is activated. I have no idea why…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you try #1 on this page to see if it’s another plugin?: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/debugging/

Simon

Hey Tom,

I’m not sure, but I think since I updated GP I have the “language issue” from the 7th of march again. When the language of WP is “German” customizing is not possible (the loading sign does not disappear), but when I switch the language to “English” everything seems to work. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Simon

Simon

The above Error is again related to “The Events Calendar” being activated!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting – if you have another theme activated with The Events Calendar activated, does the issue persist? It may be a bug in their plugin.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.