[Resolved] Issue with Right Sidebar Widgets

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Issue with Right Sidebar Widgets

Home Forums Support Issue with Right Sidebar Widgets

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MICHAEL HOLLAND

Hi….

In attempting to add widgets to my site’s right sidebar I got some strange results. Here’s my site..

http://plantationflguide.com

When you visit the site, you’ll notice that there are two text widgets with the labels of “Medical” and “Test”. In customize, the widgets are set to be separated by 5px. In addition, each widget contains an html link. But you’ll notice that the widgets aren’t displayed separately and the text links aren’t visible.

In addition, you should notice that the Copyright information (in green) has shifted from the footer area and is now commingled with the widgets.

Not sure what’s going here. Any ideas?

Also, while you’re at it…how do I hide the author and date from posts? If this requires adjusting code, please give me the step by step on where to go and what to look for. I’m not a techie.

Thanks
    Michael

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Michael,

My first guess would be that you have some unclosed HTML in one of those widgets, or maybe even in the content on that page.

Do you have any <div> tags in the widgets? If so, make sure for every opening div (<div>) – there’s a closing div (</div>).

As for the author and date – the easiest way is to use the Blog add-on in the Customizer – it will allow you to turn those off as you like.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

MICHAEL HOLLAND

Hi Tom….

Brilliant on both counts! I was missing a quotation mark in the HTML to close the link in the widget. It’s amazing how a little detail can wreak havoc…lol. Also, activating the Blog module allowed me to hide the post author and date.

Thanks for responding so quickly.

Cheers,
    Michael

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Happy I could help ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.