[Resolved] Issue with moving responsive menu items

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Issue with moving responsive menu items

Home Forums Support Issue with moving responsive menu items

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Loaded the stock android browser onto my phone and am testing right now.

When I tap an item that has sub-items, it opens the sub-items and doesn’t take me to top-level items page – when I tap again, it takes me there. Seems to be working as designed as of right now?

I took a look at the way Responsive does it – they just show all of the items, which I’m not crazy about – it can make for a huge list of pages if there’s a lot of dropdowns.

That being said, I’m working on a new addon that will convert the mobile menu to a facebook style slide out menu (from left or right) – which should be a lot better than the super simple default.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Pete

Auto drop down of all pages is a dilemma. Which is why I liked the side by side layout. Having said that having to tap the parent menu item twice to open it is a bit annoying to.

When it comes to mobile devices the less taps the better. Having long sub menus isn’t good and is sort of the wrong thing to do nowadays anyway. Long sub menus was in fashion 5 years ago. In fact UI now tends to promote no sub menus and if they are needed not more than 3 items.

I like the responsive menu as it is easier to scroll than it is to tap ๐Ÿ™‚

I’d love to see a side by side layout and the sub menu expand off it to the right?

If the menu does come out from the side it needs a clear close button too. Maybe the top “menu” title can change to “close” when the menu is slid out?

Pete

http://velocitypage.com/
    I love this menu

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.