Issue with Menu Plus

Home Forums Support Issue with Menu Plus

Home Forums Support Issue with Menu Plus

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    stardrive

Dear Tom,

1. Please, I did some settings on Menu Plus but it is not working for me.
    Ubermenu is in the Primary Navigation. The Menu Plus symbol is showing on the Right Hand Side of the Primary Navigation, but when I click on it nothing shows.
    Below are my settings:

Mobile Menu Label: Menu
    Sticky Menu: Both
    Sticky Menu Effect: Slide
    Menu Logo: Nothing
    Menu Logo Position: Sticky + Regular
    Slideout Menu: Both

Please, assist.

2. Also, after #1 above is resolved, how can I make the Menu Plus symbol to show on the Left Hand Side of the Primary Navigation? and how can I make it to show ONLY the primary menu items (with drop down arrows for their submenus) in the sliding panel?

Regards,

Stardrive

Jean Paiva
    Developer

Hello Stardrive,

Unfortunately at this time, Menu Plus only works with the GP native navigation. You will not be able to use the sticky effect with the Ubermenu plugin.

If I’m not wrong, Ubermenu has a extension for sticky menu.

Jean

stardrive

Hello Jean,

Thank you for your kind response.
    I don’t really know if unbermenu have such extension and I may not want to go with that

1. I will consider using the GP native navigation in the Primary Menu location.

Please, kindly assist with issue #2 I raised above, which I have repeated below:

how can I make the Menu Plus symbol to show on the Left Hand Side of the Primary Navigation? and how can I make it to show ONLY the primary menu items (with drop down arrows for their submenus) in the sliding panel?

Jean Paiva
    Developer

If you mean the logo (like the GP box here), you just need to set a menu logo.
    Go to Customizer > Menu Plus > Menu Logo

For this second part, if I understand well, you want to create a mega menu? (like the ubermenu)

stardrive

Please, I am not talking about ubermenu. I am talking about generate press menu.

Please, my question is this:

how can I make the Menu Plus icon (3 dashed lines inside a circle) to show on the Left Hand Side of the Primary Navigation? and how can I make the sliding menu to show ONLY the primary menu items (with drop down arrows for their submenus) in the sliding panel?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Are you using the slide-out menu on desktop or mobile? Or both?

For the second part of your second question, you can create a new menu in “Appearance > Menus” and set it to the Slideout Menu theme location. This will make it so you can choose exactly what menu items show up in the slideout menu.

stardrive

Hello Tom,

Please, I am trying to create Slideout menu on Desktop.

For the second part of my second question, I created a new menu (called Slideout Menu) in “Appearance > Menus” and set it to the Slideout Menu theme location. I selected exactly the menu items to show up in the slideout menu.

But, when I click on the Slideout icon on the right of the primary navigation (which is ubermenu), nothing shows up; The slideout menu is not displayed.

Regards,

Stardrive

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance I could see the site? If the menu location is set to a menu which has items and nothing is showing up, I assume it has something to do with it not being compatible with ubermenu.

stardrive

Dear Tom,

I think you are quite correct.

Let me first temporary disable ubermenu and try it again before getting back to you.

It appears my web host, hostgator.com, is currently down. I will try it when the web host comes up.

Regards,

Stardrive

Markus

Hi Tom,

I am not sure this fits with the earlier conversation, but I came here from Google and think it might make sense to add my issue here, too.

I am using the GP Menu Plus customization feature to get a slideout menu on mobiles only. On my mobile, however, the menu structure is not correctly recreated. The order is different and subitems either show not up at all or are not grouped with their parent item.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

All best,
    Markus

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Markus,

You’ll need to go into “Appearance > Menus”. Choose the menu you’d like, and then below set the theme location to “Slideout Menu”.

Let me know if that does the trick or not 🙂

Markus

Yep, that did the job 😉 Thanks, Tom!

M

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.