[Resolved] issue with menu 'current item' displaying for two menu items

Home Forums Support [Resolved] issue with menu 'current item' displaying for two menu items

Home Forums Support issue with menu 'current item' displaying for two menu items

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David

I posted this on FB, and Tom and someone else helped, but I could not get it fixed.
    The site is on a temp domain.
    Sing out if login details are required.
    TIA, Dave
    https://sellmot.com/

Note: Since yesterday, the menu items now have a different background hover for active, so the issue is pretty obvious (visually)

>>>>> From Facebook
    Just hit a strange one!
    I’m reproducing an existing site, and I noticed it had a different color for the current page than I had, so I changed it – but two menu items show the changed color – If I move to the next page in the menu, the additional pages color moves one up! The COATS menu item that is black is a Woo Product category. Cheers, Dave

Link to discussion on FB to see images
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/generatepress/permalink/1349583661763874/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Never seen anything like this. The current-menu-item class should only be added to one menu item as long as the menu item doesn’t link to the same page.

I wonder if there’s some content on those problem pages tricking WP into thinking it’s the same page? Maybe try temporarily removing section by section and see if the issue goes away when a specific section is removed?

David

Thanks Tom, will do!
    Dave

David

Just getting back to this !
    I ended up creating 2 new WooCommerce Product categories and moving the products over to those new categories & all is now good after I updated the menu.
    So still a mystery – but all fixed…
    Regards, Dave

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Mystery indeed.. Glad you got it working now though 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.