[Resolved] Issue with logo in header and logo in menu bar related to Polylang

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Issue with logo in header and logo in menu bar related to Polylang

Home Forums Support Issue with logo in header and logo in menu bar related to Polylang

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lucas

I have a problem with the logo in the header and the logo in the menu bar behaving differently. The problem is that the logo in the header points to the page that’s defined as main page (correct) but the logo in the menu bar (a GP Premium feature) which appears in my case only when scrolling down, points to the main domain. Normally these are both the same, but that’s not the case with Polylang, where if you are browsing in another language that’s not the main language, it will lead you to the main language main page, instead of the main page of the site you’re visiting.
    That is, if example.com is in English and example.com/es/principal is the main page in Spanish, when pointing to the logo in the header and browsing in Spanish, it points me to example.com/es/principal, but if I click in the logo at the menubar, it points me to example.com, thus switching the language to English.

Thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I believe this user was talking about a similar issue:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/polylang-navigation-logo-linking/#post-481658

Can you try his solution and see if happens to work for you too?

Let me know if this helps πŸ™‚

Lucas

That was the solution I was thinking in. Anyway, it looks more as a workaround, because in the end both logos have a slightly different and inconsistent behaviour, so I suggest that this is changed to make the behaviour uniform.
    I can confirm that I have tried and it works for now.

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Thomas

Thanks to the new “elements” feature it is easy to change the logo on certain or all pages / posts / archives depending on the language.

GREAT WORK, Thank you very much!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.