[Resolved] Issue with iThemes Security and Generate Press

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Issue with iThemes Security and Generate Press

Home Forums Support Issue with iThemes Security and Generate Press

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Damien

I just installed iThemes Security on my new website: http://www.fatherab.ie however when using either the Generate Press Theme or its Child and try to enter the ‘Customise’ option I receive a 500 error.
    If I disable iThemes Security or change the Theme to a one other than Generate Press (or related) the error disappears.
    I have used one of the library templates- Avery.
    I have lots of sites running both (perhaps not updated recently) but this is a concern as I swear by iThemes and also Generate Press πŸ™‚
    Could you tell me if there is something I could do to resolve it as I wish to use both?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That’s strange. Can you check if the issue happens with GP Premium disalbed?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Damien

Sorry for the delay in replying.
    Yes Leo it works fine once the Premium is disabled.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you re-enable the GPP plugin, then disable one Module at a time to see if one of them is conflicting. I would begin with the Elements modules to isolate a problem with any code you may have added to a Hook element.

Damien

Ok so I did as you suggested and just began with disabling all – customize works without hassle.
    Then I started bringing them back one by one.
    If any of the modules shown in the attached image (which are currently deactivated are activated they break the ability to customize)
    http://prntscr.com/vsut8p

The screenshot shows the only conbination that allows me to customize the theme.
    I am using the Library layout ‘Avery’ without any adjustments to any of its elements etc.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So if you activate any one of those deactivated modules, the Customizer stops working? Doesn’t matter which one?

If so, I assume there is some sort of PHP memory issue happening. What do your error_logs say?

Damien

My apologies for not coming back to you sooner but I only got an opportunity to do some further testing tonight.
    I made a new fresh clean site installed GP and the premium and all perfect. Then installed iTheme Security and back to square one.
    Enabled the debug and got an error:
    Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted….. etc. etc.
    So added the following line to the config file: define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ ); after the debug line and hay presto all lives and works πŸ™‚
    Happy days!
    Thank you for your help, great patience and direction.
    Delighted to have solved this as I love and use GP for all my sites.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it working! Thanks for letting us know πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.