[Resolved] Issue with images on homepage

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Issue with images on homepage

Home Forums Support Issue with images on homepage

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Bijaya

Hi there,

I checked my homepage (linked below) through Google and found that it says so (for the WP show post images) and lighthouse says so for even the logo:

Image elements do not have explicit width and height
    Set an explicit width and height on image elements to reduce layout shifts and improve CLS.

How to solve this? Please check the URL given below for the test results or you can re-test it yourself. πŸ™‚

-Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

For your logo, you’re using the old Navigation Logo option that is now deprecated. Go to “Customize > Layout > Primary Navigation” and remove the logo option.

Then it should use the logo in “Customize > Site Identity”, and should include the width/height attributes.

As for WPSP, you’re using the on-the-fly image resizer, which won’t output those values, unfortunately.

You’d be better off using the current development version of WPSP, and ditching the resizer for standard image sizes: https://wpshowposts.com/wp-show-posts-1-2-0/

Bijaya

Hi Tom,
    Thank you for replying. I did as you said but the logo disappeared completely. I tried to revert back for the time being but there was no option to add the navigation logo back again. So the site is now without a logo.

I saw there is an option for “use navigation” as header (under layout >> header). This is turned off. It was probably turned off initially I guess I did not tamper it while this process. (thought of letting you know if it matters).

For the WPSP, the new version, I guess, is an alpha version. I think I’ll stick to it until a stable one is released. I am so glad to be a part of such a community where there are updates even before users realize an issue. πŸ™‚

Thanks,
    -Swadhin

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah yes – sorry about that! You’ll want to use the Navigation as Header option in order to load the site logo in your navigation: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/navigation-as-a-header/

WPSP 1.2.0 will be entering beta next week πŸ™‚

Bijaya

Thanks Tom, That worked. πŸ™‚

Have a great rest of the week. πŸ™‚

P.S. I have been sending messages for a couple of days to the GB support and am not getting a reply. I understand things can be busy sometimes (which is absolutely okay!), just wanted to confirm if my support tickets are going through. πŸ™‚

Best,
    -Swadhin

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Swadhin,

have you sent topics via the GP Pro support tickets ? I have checked our system and not seen any outstanding tickets – if you can retry sending them i look out for them.

Bijaya

Hi David,

I am sorry, I meant GenerateBlocks Support. I know this is another place but just thought of reaching out in case there was something messing with my tickets showing up.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I checked GB and GB Pro Support as well and can’t see any outstanding topics. The last topic was replied to by Tom and was received and view on: Feb 26 @ 2:34 am

Bijaya

Hi David,

Then there might be some issue. I have been consistently sending emails since last Thursday/Friday. Could it land in some sort of spam box?

I have anyways sent a new one just a few minutes ago and here is the screenshot of the success message. https://imgur.com/a/Hl37mwy

In case you still don’t find emails I suggest fixing this thing because who knows how many users might be thinking support is not prompt where the truth is that their emails haven’t been delivered. In the meantime, can you suggest me some alternative ways to get to you?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

We’ll get this checked out ASAP!
    Can you try sending an email directly to support@generateblocks.com

Bijaya

Thanks. Sent. πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

We’ll check it out asap!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.