[Support request] Issue with GP on my DB

Home Forums Support [Support request] Issue with GP on my DB

Home Forums Support Issue with GP on my DB

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    manaadiar

Hi, I am a GP Premium user.. From last night i have been having issues with Error connecting to the DB.. I have checked with the host and they have advised that there is a huge amount of traffic on my site https://shippingandfreightresource.com and have advised below

“I have checked the error logs and I can see some of the plugins like: gp-premium, query-monitor and also some logs related to theme: generatepress-child”

It seems that GP is causing a conflict with other plugins.. Not sure which ones though.. Is there a way to check from your end..??

And I am also getting an error with helper script in Vaultpress, not sure if this is connected to GP.. Right now I only have GP Premium and AdRotate Pro enabled.. AdRotate Pro is enabled because if i disable it, site gives an error about undefined function..

manaadiar

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function adrotate_ad() in /home/shippir2/public_html/wp-content/themes/generatepress-child/content-single.php:82 Stack trace: #0 /home/shippir2/public_html/wp-includes/template.php(724): require() #1 /home/shippir2/public_html/wp-includes/template.php(671): load_template(‘/home/shippir2/…’, false) #2 /home/shippir2/public_html/wp-includes/general-template.php(168): locate_template(Array, true, false) #3 /home/shippir2/public_html/wp-content/themes/generatepress/single.php(26): get_template_part(‘content’, ‘single’) #4 /home/shippir2/public_html/wp-includes/template-loader.php(98): include(‘/home/shippir2/…’) #5 /home/shippir2/public_html/wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once(‘/home/shippir2/…’) #6 /home/shippir2/public_html/index.php(17): require(‘/home/shippir2/…’) #7 {main} thrown in /home/shippir2/public_html/wp-content/themes/generatepress-child/content-single.php on line 82

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

this Call to undefined function adrotate_ad() in /home/shippir2/public_html/wp-content/themes/generatepress-child/content-single.php:82 points to a problem with the content-single.php in your child theme. It is requesting but cannot find adrotate_ad() function.

Presume this is with the plugin disabled.

I would suggest that the adrotate plugin is what is creating the large database queries.

manaadiar

Hi David, i had to eventually restore my back up to sort that problem after i uninstalled that plugin.. But right now i have a problem with GP Premium.. When GP Premium is activated, i am getting below error..

“There has been a critical error on your website. Learn more about debugging in WordPress.”

Can you advise what to do..

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is this happening when GP Premium is the only activated plugin?

manaadiar
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

What happens if you reintsall the theme and the premium plugin?

I wonder if some files were corrupted during restore.

manaadiar

will try that tomorrow and let you know..

manaadiar

Hi Leo, uninstalled the plugin and themes and reinstalled it, but still same result.. I tried with the GP theme parent alone and with the GP Child Theme.. Both give same result.. So basically the GP Premium plugin doesn’t seem to be interacting with your parent/child theme.. Pls let me know, i really like the functionalities in the GP theme and don’t wish to download another one..

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you try reinstalling WordPress as well?

It was obviously working before the restore and we haven’t had this reported by others.

Let me know 🙂

manaadiar

Hi Leo, the issue started with an Error establishing database connection.. Nothing worked, so I had to restore my DB and website and redo all the plugins, customisations etc..I have also updated to the latest WP 5.3.. Only the GP Premium is not working correctly..

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So everything works when GP Premium is deactivated?

If so can you deactivate each module one by one and see which one is causing the issue?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/installing-gp-premium/#activate-your-modules

manaadiar

Hi Leo, this is what i am saying.. I deactivated ALL plugins and ONLY GP Premium was active and it still gave that error.. So it is definitely GP Premium then conflicting with either WP or the DB, am not sure..

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Right so we need to figure which module is causing the issue.

Can you disable all modules here?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/installing-gp-premium/#activate-your-modules

Does the issue still exist when you do that?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.