[Resolved] Issue with GeneratePress theme

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Issue with GeneratePress theme

Home Forums Support Issue with GeneratePress theme

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    mathewemoore

After the last few updates, I noticed the entry meta and after post meta are duplicated.

I looked into content-single.php and commented out do_action( ‘generate_after_entry_title’ ) and the entry meta disappeared completely. Once I uncommented the action, the duplicated entry meta came back.

Same thing happens for this hook do_action( ‘generate_after_entry_content’ );

View Page Example

screenshot

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That’s strange. Haven’t had other reports on this.

Do you have any custom functions related to the entry meta added?

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can use the private information field.

Let me know 🙂

mathewemoore

The site in question is the link in my original message titled “view page example”.

Additionally, I don’t have any custom functions related to entry meta whatsoever. I am using a child theme but did not include content-single.php in my child theme so it’s using the parent themes file of course.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Does the same issue happen when you activate the parent theme?

mathewemoore

Yes, it does.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That is super strange – haven’t had other reports on this.

You obviously haven’t modified the parent theme at all?

If so can you activate the parent theme, disable all plugins including GP Premium and provide the dashboard access for us to take a look?

Thanks!

mathewemoore

Yeah. It is strange. No, I will not disable all plugins. This is a production site. We cant just go and disable everything. That’s why I was reaching out in the forum. Also, I can’t just hand out access to the admin dashboard since this at is not typically how things work around here.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That case can you create a staging environment and duplicate the issue over so we can go through some debugging steps?

I’m not able to replicate this issue on my end and there are no other reports on this so we will definitely need to investigate further.

mathewemoore

FYI, if I comment out line 512 of generatepress/inc/structure/post-meta.php

which is // add_action( ‘generate_after_entry_title’, ‘generate_post_meta’ );

Then, the entry meta is not duplicated anymore.

I’ll keep looking for the footer meta and see if I can figure out where that function is.

Found the footer meta function on line 525. If I comment that out then that part is no longer duplicated either.

Line 525 // add_action( ‘generate_after_entry_content’, ‘generate_footer_meta’ );

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I understand. However – everyone is using the same code in both places and we aren’t able to to duplicate this issue on our end and have not received other reports on this.

Are you sure you don’t have any custom functions related to the entry meta elsewhere? That would explain the duplicated issue.

I would recommend starting a staging site with a fresh GP install and you should not see the same issue there even through the code is there as well.

Then duplicate your existing site over to the staging site so we can do some further debugging.

mathewemoore

I figured out the issue. In the past, there was an issue where post entry and footer meta wasn’t working for CPTs so I added manually to a custom plugin. You must have fixed this in some more recent updates to GP theme. I removed my additions and all is fixed.

Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Issue with GeneratePress theme’ is closed to new replies.