[Support request] issue with adding API key & installing modules

Home Forums Support [Support request] issue with adding API key & installing modules

Home Forums Support issue with adding API key & installing modules

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Aditya

We have generate press premium registered with email id given in the private box.

I am trying to add site library to a fresh WP install (so there should not be any conflict issues) & getting this: https://tinyurl.com/23y3xs4n

Even when I tried to enter the API to get updated, same issue was there. I tried it in gap of 2-3 hours still same issue.

Can you pls let me know why is this issue? and what I can do to get the needful done & move ahead?

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. Make sure you site server has no caching or Cloudflare enabled.
    2. In Settings > Permalinks, make sure the structure is set to default, and click save changes to Regenerate the Permalinks which should also kickstart the REST API.

Give that a try, if the issues persist, when viewing the GeneratePress page, Right Click > Inspect the Page to open the browser developers tools, and then click the Activate Site Library. Are there any errors in the developers tools console tab ?

Aditya

Hi David,
    Thanks for your reply.

1. I guess I am not using any caching yet
    2. Its already set to default.

I have shared the website & WP dashboard SS with you in private.

I am sorry I didn’t get the other instructions you shared:
    Give that a try, if the issues persist, when viewing the GeneratePress page, Right Click > Inspect the Page to open the browser developers tools, and then click the Activate Site Library. Are there any errors in the developers tools console tab ?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

With #2 still click the Save Changes, what this does is regenerate the sites permalinks and kickstarts the REST API, which may just fix the issue.

Try that,

Aditya

still not fixed, recorded a video – shared in private.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

In your video in the Settings > Permalinks, at the bottom i see this:

2022-08-03_15-11-46

So there is an error with your HTTAccess rules. Can those rules be reset to default on your install ? Your host should be able to assist with that.

Aditya

David, namecheap’s team looked into it & now they are saying the issue is from theme’s side.

Where should I go now to get the issue resolved & focus on my actual work?

Pls support.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can they explain why it is an issue with the Theme ?
    Is it a blocked IP ?
    Did they fix the HTTAccess errors ?

Aditya

David, issue resolved by the namecheap team.
    Thank you so much 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that! Do you know what the issue was ? It may be useful for other users

Aditya

Yes, sure.

Earlier there was some issue with the installation that time the website URL was kept to https://www.domain.com/

To fix the issue it was needed to reinstall the WP & at that time website URL was kept to https://domain.com/

That is what was causing some conflict.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for letting us know !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.