[Resolved] Issue while using Simple Share Buttons Plus

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Issue while using Simple Share Buttons Plus

Home Forums Support Issue while using Simple Share Buttons Plus

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Jorge

Hi Tom,

I’m having trouble with the plugin SSBP, since both Set One (fixed left) and Two (aligned left, under posts) show out of place. I’ve been messing with code on Firefox Inspector and found out what I believe is the issue: the plugin works perfectly, but everything’s displayed way on the left side, actually outside the website room itself.

The website: http://www.chorizosibericos.es

Just in case it may be of any help. Digging again into Firefox Inspector:

With regard to Set One (fixed left):

I found that by switching ‘hidden’ into ‘active’ on this code below, it seems to work ok:

<div class="ssbp-set--one ssbp--state-HIDDEN ssbp-wrap ssbp--fixed-left ssbp--theme-4" data-ssbp-toggle="true" data-ssbp-responsive="true">

However, toggle button not showing, and links open in the same tab.

With regard to Set Two (aligned left):

Idem:

<div class="ssbp-set--two ssbp--state-HIDDEN ssbp-wrap ssbp-- ssbp--theme-4">

Same issues.

– – –

Hope you find this info any useful.

I would be very grateful if you could give me a hint on what’s going on.

Thanks in advance,

Jorge

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Give this CSS a try:

.ssbp--state-hidden .ssbp-container {
        -webkit-transform: translateX(0);
        -ms-transform: translateX(0);
        transform: translateX(0);
    }

Let me know 🙂

Jorge

Hi,

Your code actually worked great for Set Two (aligned left below posts), everything’s just on its place.

But Set One (fixed left) still doesn’t show up. As far as I can see on Inspector, it is there but yet shy to appear :p

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Actually I think I’m seeing the issue here. There’s a javascript error which is most likely preventing the plugin from making those areas appear.

I see you’re using Autoptimize, can you try to replicate the settings I suggest here?: https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme

Jorge

Once again, Tom was right 🙂

I replicated your Autoptimize settings, yet no variations ocurred. But installed Async Javascript as you suggest, and everything’s back on its place.

Thanks so much, Tom!!

Jorge

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, glad I could help 🙂

Jorge

Sorry Tom, something happened to the left sidebar, it just faded away. Also, the […] last button on SSBP doesn’t seem to respond either. Do you believe it could have to do with Async Javascript? I didn’t alter anything else ever since.

Jorge

Yep, disabling Async Javascript makes the left sidebar come back, but also SSBP run away (now just Set One [fixed left] activated, on posts). I can’t test the […] button on SSBP, since it’s unvisible when I disable Async.

Please, let me know if you have any hint.

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, can you try adding jquery.js in the exclude scripts field?

Jorge

Done, but sadly no difference: SSBP working, no sidebar 🙁

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Looks like jQuery still isn’t being loaded before other scripts and it’s causing a javascript error.

Check out the “Configuring & Troubleshooting Autoptimize” section near the bottom of this page: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/autoptimize/faq/

Your answer might be in one of those tips.

Let me know 🙂

Jorge

OK, let me tell you the options I checked/unchecked on Autoptimize, and its result:

ACTION: Adding jquery.js in the exclude scripts field
    RESULT: SSBP OK, sidebar OK, but perimeter shadow appears.

ACTION: ✓ Aggregate inline JS | ✓ Force JavaScript in head

ACTION: ✓ Aggregate inline JS | ✓ Force JavaScript in head | ✓ Add try-catch wrapping

Considering I am enabling and disabling like a monkey bearing a gun, I would ask you for any more prudent advice on cheking/unchecking these options 🙂 I would like that perimeter shadow to dissapear, so if this is the only thing to solve out, some CSS would definetely be more than enough.

Let me bring you back the website: http://www.chorizosibericos.es

Thanks a lot!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for testing with me 🙂

Can you show me what you mean by perimeter shadow? Sounds like CSS can fix it.

Jorge

Not at all, I am so grateful to you 🙂

This is what I would like to accomplish: https://i.imgsafe.org/f98000d5a0.jpg

On the options checked, shall I leave them like mentioned before?

Ramesh Srinivasan

Tom would crack this — no doubt. But as a side note, I’d like to add that Autoptimize Plugin author Frank is really a nice and very much respected guy – you may also post this in the WP Plugin support forum just in case if it’s a known issue there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.