[Resolved] Issue while importing from site library

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Issue while importing from site library

Home Forums Support Issue while importing from site library

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Vish

Hi

I tried to import the Marketer site library theme into a fresh WordPress installation.

It got imported successfully but I do not see the text (excerpt) and read more button in posts on the home page.

Before importing, the text is fine and visible.

I tried this in multiple new WP installation. Still, no luck.

No other plugins are active. No cache or optimization – nothing. Just a fresh WP installation.

Could you please help? Have included the site URL.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Strange.

Is the content type set to Excerpt here?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/blog-content-layout/#archives

And the excerpt word count is not 0?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Vish

Leo – Big thanks for the quick response πŸ™‚

Actually, it is the first thing I checked. And no, it is not zero. It is set to 20. And also ‘Display read more as button’ is also enabled.

I tried to compare the source of my site and gpsites.co/marketer side by side and see the following differences:

In the demo, after the entry-summary class there is <p></p> and read-more-container both are missing in my installation.

In gpsites.co/marketer:

<div class="entry-summary" itemprop="text">
    				<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nunc imperdiet rhoncus arcu non aliquet. Sed tempor mauris a purus porttitor, … </p>
    <p class="read-more-container"><a title="The Fastest WordPress Theme" class="read-more button" href="https://gpsites.co/marketer/2018/09/08/the-fastest-wordpress-theme/#more-21">Read more<span class="screen-reader-text">The Fastest WordPress Theme</span></a></p>
    			</div>

In my site:
    <div class="entry-summary" itemprop="text"> </div>

The content is not even coming in the source code at all. I have used marketer several times before without any issues (as recent as a week ago) but now it’s just not working.

I’d be happy to share the credentials to the site if you’d like to take a closer look.

Edit: So, I thought my hosting might be an issue. So, I created a dummy sandbox (clean WP install) and installed GP and GP Premium and imported marketer there as well.

The SAME issue there too. Here’s the dummy sandbox URL: http://unusual-cow.w6.poopy.life/

Is there something unusual going-on with the SiteLibrary setup?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hey I just tried importing and the same thing happened to me.

I’m not sure why though but have forwarded to Tom.

He will have a look and get back to you πŸ™‚

Vish

Wonderful thanks. I was breaking my head over this for over 3 hours, trying to figure out the issue.

Actually, most of the site library sites are affected by this bug, if I am not wrong.

Looking forward to the fix!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It looks like the “Excerpt” metabox is being imported with a bunch of empty spaces. If you remove those spaces, it should go back to normal.

I’ll fix this issue at our end ASAP.

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This should be fixed now. I only found the issue in Marketer – let me know if you ran into the same issues with other sites.

Thank you! Appreciate the heads up πŸ™‚

Vish

Thanks, all good now πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for confirming! πŸ™‚

ROBERTO

I am having importing issue in site library which is the “Feather” template layout. The import takes too long

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Issue while importing from site library’ is closed to new replies.