[Support request] Issue Editing Elements – The response is not a valid JSON response

Home Forums Support [Support request] Issue Editing Elements – The response is not a valid JSON response

Home Forums Support Issue Editing Elements – The response is not a valid JSON response

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Danielle

I reset the permalinks and disabled each plugin but continue to get the error “Updating failed. The response is not a valid JSON response.” when editing the posts in the “Elements” tab. I’m trying to change the global page header specifically and I can’t.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Is this only an issue with Elements or all pages and posts as well?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Danielle

Hi Leo – only with Elements. Other pages/posts have been working fine.

Brent

Are you using Cloudflare WAF? I had this issue with Cloudflare WAF blocking a specific URL path for elements. I can’t recall the exact path at the moment.

Danielle

Hi Brent – No, I’m not using Cloudflare WAF.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Danielle,

Any chance you can start a staging site and disable all plugins except GP Premium for us to take a look?

You can use the provide info field to provide the credentials:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

Thanks πŸ™‚

Danielle

Hey Leo – sure thing. Credentials added below.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if i open the developers console ( right click > inspect ) whilst editing the Element, and then update changes to see the JSON error – i can see a 403 forbidden error in the Console.

Can you check that on the live site ?

If that error is displayed there it seems like something on the server is blocking that request.

Danielle

I see that on the live site as well. How do I fix it?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Probably best to ask your Host, share them the console error and they can look to see why the REST API would be being blocked.

Marc HootyApps.com

I just installed wordpress with a basic install, no custom themes or plugins and received the same error. This fortunately has nothing to do with the GeneratePress theme πŸ˜‰ .

Issue: Update from Webhost – “We installed a ModSecurity module for increasing the security of our servers. Its activity may cause such issues from time to time, when requests sent to the server match with mod_sec rules.”

Resolution: Webhost whitelisted the Modsecurity rule. That worked for me straightaway.

Hope it helps.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for sharing your solution!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.