[Support request] Is there a way to show post views like this?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Is there a way to show post views like this?

Home Forums Support Is there a way to show post views like this?

• This topic has 26 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Elvin.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Heath

It’s probably not recommended but is there a way I could get the post view to show in line like this?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Heath,

A plugin would be needed to show the post view counts, this article might be helpful: https://www.isitwp.com/best-plugins-to-track-wordpress-post-views-count/

Let me know if you need further assistance πŸ™‚

Heath

I have post views counter but I’m not pleased with the way it displays and wanted to know if there was a way to get it in line with the author profile pic, then author name, updated date and then the view counter. Is it possible to get it in line?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

That’s possible with CSS.

Can you add it in to the content template first so we can see if CSS would work to make it inline?

Heath

How do I go about that?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Does thepost views counter offer shortcode or anything to add in the post views?

Heath

Yes it shows a short code of [post-views]

Heath

I dont know what you mean by content template.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Are you trying to add the post view count into single post?

I checked your single post page, it doesn’t seem to be using GP, can you confirm?

Heath

I am using generatepress. I was wanting it to show online as shown in the screenshot that I placed in the private field in the original post with the views showing very last. Right now they are showing right below the share buttons which I don’t like.

Heath

I just can’t get it figured out.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You should be able to see a block element – post navigation at appearance > elements.

Then in this element, add a shortcode block with the[post-views] after the headline block which presents the date.
    https://www.screencast.com/t/ybyiYCyb

Once it’s done, we can help with CSS πŸ™‚

Heath

I think I’ve done it right.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Heath,

To get a context: Is this for a hero section on the single post page? I’m not sure I’m seeing one as I’m only seeing a featured image.

You may have to create a Block Element – Page hero and do your desired layout on it. πŸ˜€

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Heath

No I was just wanting to style the author, date and post views to all look inline with each other. I added the post views short code like Ying suggested and just need a little CSS to make everything look good.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.