[Resolved] Is there a way of embed an advertising widget?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Is there a way of embed an advertising widget?

Home Forums Support Is there a way of embed an advertising widget?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Karina

Hello
    I am trying to embed an advertising widget in my site but I can’t manage to do it.
    After I paste the code in the page I receive the following msg:
    “Sorry, this content could not be embedded. Updating failed. The response is not a valid JSON response.”
    Is there a way of embed an advertising widget?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

where are you getting the advertising ‘widget’ from ? And what does this ‘widget’ look like ?

Karina
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not familiar with that – i tested it on a dev site and it failed to embed for me as well.
    I would suggest speaking with the Affiliate Network support.

Karina

Thanks David
    I have tried different affiliate networks and in all I end having the same problem of not been able to embed widgets.
    Here are 2 examples.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Have you checked with the support team of the affiliate network as David suggested?

This shouldn’t be a theme issue – you can activate a Twenty series WP theme to test if the code works there.

Karina

Hello Leo
    Thanks for your help
    I contacted the affiliate network and they say that they have checked the code and it works fine for them.They showed me examples of other websites where those widgets work (like this one: https://espiritu-viajero.com/guia-de-viaje-bariloche-y-alrededores/).
    Do you think that perhaps I am adding wrong the widget? I am trying to add the widget using a custom html block.
    Looking forward to your reply

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Do you think that perhaps I am adding wrong the widget? I am trying to add the widget using a custom html block.

This should be a good question for their support team as well – Did they comment on this?

The theme itself doesn’t have any ways of interfering with this as far as I understand – you can always try #4 here to test:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

Karina

Dear Leo
    The problem got fixed.
    They gave me the idea to switch to the classic editor to implement the widget and it worked.
    Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.