[Resolved] Is there a limit on mp3 audio files sizes?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Is there a limit on mp3 audio files sizes?

Home Forums Support Is there a limit on mp3 audio files sizes?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Toni

I have rebuilt a site with many audio files. Most have uploaded without a problem. Three of the files will not appear in the media library although they are on the site (I checked in the hosting file manager). How do I get them to show up? They had no problem with the previous site which was built in another theme. Host Gator is the host – they could not resolve the problem.

The files in question are 60.6 MB, 57.3 MB and 59.1 MB. They worked fine on the previous site which was built in Divi.

The site is still in production, I would like to launch this week.

Here is the site: https://ruthsheart.com/sandbox2/
    The invisible files are: 03-Friday-November-13-Session-1.mp3
    Session-1-Avner-Boskey1.mp3
    Feb-17-Marianna-Gol-Session-4.mp3

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

this isn’t a theme related issue as GP doesn’t interfere with the Media Library.

If the files are in the Uploads folder – How were they added there ?

Toni

I uploaded them via the library upload (and it didn’t work). I also tried to upload directly to the post. Then I went into the file manager in C-Panel and uploaded them using “upload” – that is how I got them to stay there – but they did not show up in the library dash board. Do you think this could be an Elementor problem? Host Gator said there is no limit with them on the file size. Do you have any ideas that I can try?
    Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Looking at your site the limit is 512mb – so there should be no issue uploading those files.
    Did you try adding them one at a time ? And did you get any error when doing so ?

For the files that you trasnferred via C-Panel, they won’t show in the Media Library as they haven’t been registered as Posts in the database. To do that you would need to use this plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/add-from-server/

Toni

Oh, thank you so much David. You solved the problem. I never saw that plugin before – and haven’t had that problem before.
    You have been really a great help all the years I have been using GP. Great support!!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – so glad to hear that!

Toni

You went out of your way to help on this one. Thank you David!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

My pleasure 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.