[Resolved] Is the code for loading ALL Google fonts working?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Is the code for loading ALL Google fonts working?

Home Forums Support Is the code for loading ALL Google fonts working?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dragomir

Hi,

I added the code to load ALL Google fonts as a Code Snipped (as shown on https://docs.generatepress.com/article/customizing-the-google-font-list/) but still some Google fonts are not shown in the customizer, e.g. “IBM Plex Sans”.

This question was asked several times in this forum but the answer was always to use the code to add font to the list. In my case, I need to have ALL Google fonts loaded so that I can select them in the Customizer in order to see the results. As I still don’t know which font will I use, I want to be able to cycle through all the available ones.

I cleared all caches. I even tried to use “return 900;” instead of “return ‘all’;” but still no luck.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Unfortunately there’s way too many Google Fonts to list within the theme if we were to add all of them. Instead, we’ve only included the top 200.

However, you should be able to use their website to look through all of the available fonts (they have live preview as well, which the Customizer doesn’t have).

Then when you find one you like, you can choose it from the list, or add it using a filter if it doesn’t exist within the list.

Let me know if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

Dragomir

Hi Tom

Thanks for answering!

Could you then please update the documentation so that other people are not mislead that it is possible to list all Google fonts?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Done ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.