[Resolved] Is it possible to change GP’s breakpoints?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Is it possible to change GP’s breakpoints?

Home Forums Support Is it possible to change GP’s breakpoints?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eric

I don’t necessarily have a problem with where they’re set, but do prefer to set media queries in EMs rather than PX for reasons of accessibility and browser consistency.

This article is pretty old, but this problem with Safari still exists, as far as I know.

https://zellwk.com/blog/media-query-units/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

that would require custom development. There aren’t loads in the theme as it only uses the two breakpoints but they cover mainly typography, grids and mobile navigations.

Personally i only see it worthwhile using the Em or REM in breakpoints if your entire site is built with them, and thats not something the theme uses for its grids.

Eric

My entire site (aside from what’s in GP’s main.min.css) is built with proportional units like vh, vw, em, rem, ch. I rarely use pixels as my goal is to use media queries sparingly and have my design scale and adjust without them where possible. GP being a little bit pixel-forward is something I’m willing to put up with for the rest of its benefits 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

i like relative units, but most people don’t have the knowledge required to use them. And building GPs customizer around them would have been a nightmare lol
    But we are making some changes, REMs are now in the Typography settings and we added a HTML element for setting the :root value.
    We are looking at whether REM and EM should be included within spacing options too.
    With Grids, well theres very few permutations with GP for it to probably be benficial so i cant see that changing.

But ill have a chat with Tom regarding the option to change breakpoint values.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.