[Resolved] Invalid css .generate-back-to-top

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Invalid css .generate-back-to-top

Home Forums Support Invalid css .generate-back-to-top

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Grant

Just noticed that the css in all.min.css has a possible incorect value:

.generate-back-to-top:before{-moz-osx-font-smoothing:grayscale;-webkit-font-smoothing:antialiased;font-style:normal;font-variant:normal;text-rendering:auto;line-height:1;speak:none}

Should be either auto, never, always CSS Speech Module

I changed to:
    generate-back-to-top:before{-moz-osx-font-smoothing:grayscale;-webkit-font-smoothing:antialiased;font-style:normal;font-variant:normal;text-rendering:auto;line-height:1;speak:auto}

Let me know what you think!

Edit: I had to change the syle.min.css style.css as well. I am probably missing one…
    Edit2: Also found:.button.loading:before{content:"\e900";display:inline-block;font-family:"GP Premium";speak:none;font-style:normal;font-weight:400;font-variant:normal;text-transform:none;line-height:1;-webkit-font-smoothing:antialiased;-moz-osx-font-smoothing:grayscale;-webkit-animation:spin 2s infinite linear;animation:spin 2s infinite linear;margin-right:7px}.load-more .button:not(.loading)
    I am giving up for now trying to find all the changes…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

In this case, we can use speak: none, as we don’t want screen readers to try and say the icon (which won’t make sense): https://css-tricks.com/almanac/properties/s/speak/

Grant

Right I just can’t find the value of none in any official docs?

That page you linked to shows none however when you click the link on that page to the w3 specs (https://www.w3.org/TR/css3-speech/) it doesn’t show “none” as an option.

I haven’t been able to validate my site since this, what am I missing?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

none is a legacy value, it was replaced in a later CSS spec with never.
    So try speak: never;

Grant

Okay thanks, I was trying to be safer with auto. I replaced all except for one that I can’t find.
    .button.loading:before{content:"\e900";display:inline-block;font-family:"GP Premium";speak:none;font-style:normal;font-weight:400;font-variant:normal;text-transform:none;line-height:1;-webkit-font-smoothing:antialiased;-moz-osx-font-smoothing:grayscale;-webkit-animation:spin 2s infinite linear;animation:spin 2s infinite linear;margin-right:7px}

Thanks again,
    Grant

Grant

Got them all and the site now validates!

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for the heads up! We’ve fixed this in GP 2.5.0 🙂

Grant

Thanks Tom I appreciate you and your team.

Cheers!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.