[Support request] Internet Explorer “Container Busting” Issue

Home Forums Support [Support request] Internet Explorer “Container Busting” Issue

Home Forums Support Internet Explorer “Container Busting” Issue

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dale

Hello,

I run about 10+ sites, all with GeneratePress & no issues… But today, I tried to migrate another 2 sites over to GeneratePress & I’ve hit a problem with the footer & header moving to the right-hand side of the page & causing a horizontal scroll on Internet Explorer.

See the image below for an example (problem highlighted in red):

If I center align the footer items via settings it works fine, but the moment I try to align the footer bar to the left or right, instead of aligning properly (as it does on my other sites), the entire footer moves over, causing horizontal scroll.

I disabled all plugins, disabled all caching, disabled the bar shown in the screenshot above, removed all custom CSS & tried it with a default installation of GP… Same thing happened – and it happens if I choose “use navigation as header”, too.

What’s baffled me the most is the fact that I have other websites using GeneratePress & the exact same settings & it works absolutely fine. I literally cannot figure out why the header/footers of these 2 sites are getting pushed over… I can’t see any difference at all between these & my other sites.

I even tried importing a theme from SiteLibrary & was hit with the same issue on that as well.

Any help would be much appreciated as I’m really pulling my hair out over this one, lol.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

Can you link us to the site in question? so we could check.

Is this an older version of Internet Explorer (7 or older)?

You can provide the site details on the Private Information text field. Thank you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.