[Support request] internal linking

Home Forums Support [Support request] internal linking

Home Forums Support internal linking

• This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by David.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    a1reno

Hi,

When I try to add a hyperlink to a word on a page I used to be able to search and it would show me other pages on my site I could link to, but now I see that I only get options to link to attachments (see screenshot).

I’m not sure if this is a WordPress issue or a theme/plugin issue.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

its not a theme issue as we don’t interfere with the core behaviour, its most likely a plugin conflict.
    You would need to check for conflicts by temporarily disabling other plugins.

Harry

I am having similar issues and have narrowed it down to the plugin ‘Custom Post Type UI’. Would be interested to know if it is the same cause for you.

a1reno

I haven’t come up with a solution. I tried deactivating all my plugins one at a time, and nothing seemed to make it come back so I’m not really sure what the problem is.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Harry,

is it the same issue ie. you only see Attachments in the link search ?

Harry

Hi David,

Sorry for the slow reply. The issue has resolved itself.

I did an audit of the plugins on site and removed several that were no longer being used. I’m not sure which one (if any) was causing the issue. Apologies!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No apologies necessary, glad to hear that you got it resolved!

a1reno

Hi,

I’ve been recently working on my site in a staging setting, and I realise that it works correctly, however on the live site it doesn’t. Do you have any ideas what may be the issue here? I can’t seem to think what may be the issue.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If it works on staging and not on live, then i would assume that something in the database is different. It could be an option saved somewhere that isn’t present on the live site.

Might be worth checking with your host to see if they can explain the difference. And you may find pushing the staging live will fix the problem

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.